OWHC Workshops for Journalists: Cultural Heritage & City Storytelling
Are culture and cultural heritage important and attractive topics in the eyes of the media, and journalists in general? Or, maybe, also in this case, ‘important’ is something very different from ‘attractive’? Who writes about cultural heritage today, why, how and for what audiences? These are only some of the questions we will address during a special OWHC Workshop for Journalists, on Tuesday 2 p.m. at Pałac Krzysztofory in Kraków.
If you happen to be an active journalist, interested in, or writing about, culture and cultural heritage, Pałac Krzysztofory (Muzeum Krakowa, Rynek Główny 35) is the place to be on Tuesday. Registrations at www.owhc2019krakow.org OR send an email to email@example.com
CULTURAL HERITAGE AND ITS CHALLENGES
The Key Factors Behind Effective Urban Storytelling
4 June 2019 r., 14-16 hrs.
• 14.00 – 14:15 – Networking
• 14:15 – 14.25 – Welcome Remarks & Introductions
Kraków City Hall (Representative TBC)
Prof. Charles Moumouni (OWHC, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada)
• 14.25 – 14:55 – The Power of Kraków’s Most Important “Stories” Since the 19th Century to the Present Day – Professor Jacek Purchla, a renowned global expert on cultural heritage.
• 14.55 – 15:00 – Q&A (5 min)
•15:00 – 15:15 – How Modern Cities Tell Their Stories to the World: The International Outreach of Urban Storytelling and the Role of Intuitive Access to Cultural Heritage Resources – Kraków’s case study based on the communication strategy developed for the 15th World Congress (OWHC) – Łukasz Cioch, LCMedia.pl
• 15.15 – 15:45 – A Moderated Knowledge-Sharing Discussion with Journalists (media recommendations for two-way communication process improvement and and know-how, existing communication gaps between the media and heritage experts); attracting new audiences to the cultural heritage debate.
• 15:45 – 16:05 – “Kraków Heritage – Media Roundtable”: a video- recorded discussion summarizing the conclusions of the workshop (to be posted on City Hall websites)
ABOUT THIS SITE
The World’s Cultural Heritage and Tourism: new perspectives, challenges, views and opinions, ahead of the 2019 OWHC Congress in Kraków (2-5 June 2019)Curated by the host city of Kraków: #owhckrakow2019
Kraków City Hall
Urząd Miasta Krakowa
pl. Wszystkich Świętych 3-4